Odesa police look for subversive bombers
KYIV, September 28 / Ukrinform./ Because of an explosion outside the SBU building in Odesa last Sunday, the police began the plan of "Interception".
Department of Public Relations of the Odesa region police told Ukrinform.
Law-enforcement officers, including the traffic police, were posted on duty at highways outside the city of Odessa. They checked vehicles and stopped primarily drivers of light imported cars - one of the subversive bombers reportedly fled the scene at the intersection of Yevreiska and katerynynska streets in the downtown last Sunday morning.
Patrol police protected the stores where the blast shattered glass windows.
One of the residents of the house adjacent to the SBU building told reporters: "The explosion shattered plastic window frames, windows, and doors. But the most interesting thing is that we there were two policemen posted here for many years on duty. And in the last two days there was nobody. Even our janitor noted the fact ... "
As previously reported, a powerful blast went off at 4.11 outside the Odesa SBU building last Sunday. Police investigate the blast as an act of terrorist attack. The explosive device without outer shell the experts estimate to have weighed from five to six kilograms of TNT. No casualties have been reported.
- 28.09 12:18
- Explosion outside Odesa SBU office damages 31 houses - mayor
- 23.09 13:13
- Vinnytsia city bank employee caught selling counterfeit euro banknotes
- 22.09 14:28
- "Right Sector" representatives in Sumy doubt their dead friend could take grenade
- 21.09 10:55
- Ukrainian traffickers' small plane with migrants crashed in Slovakia
- 21.09 10:06
- Right Sector soldier dies in grenade explosion in Sumy
- 17.09 13:25
- SBU holds counter intelligence Colonel over graft
- 16.09 15:37
- FFU official found dead
- 15.09 17:43
- Charred serviceman's body found outside Mariupol
- 11.09 09:51
- Grenade explodes in Odesa at night. Photos
- 08.09 14:31
- SBU holds ATO serviceman over illegal weapons possession in Kyiv
- 07.09 15:17
- Search for missing servicemen on Crimean border goes on - Lysenko
- 04.09 19:17
- Body of man killed by explosion found in Donetsk region
- 03.09 18:14
- SBU prevents pro-Russian gang from blasting volunteer center in Kyiv. Video
- 02.09 10:03
- Sanitary office warns over high levels of air pollution in Kyiv this week
- 01.09 14:31
- Two cases of polio reported in Zakarpattia region
- 27.08 15:41
- Emergency service officials fail to pinpoint cause of smoke in Kyiv
- 26.08 15:20
- Local commuter train car in flames near Kharkiv
- 25.08 14:13
- Victims of hurricane in Dnipropetrovsk region to receive UAH 400,000
- 25.08 09:27
- Deadly explosion in Donetsk region kills one child, injurs three
- 20.08 17:05
- Police detain about 50 alleged aggressive football fans in Kyiv's downtown