Monument to heroes of Maidan unveiled in US
The monument to the Heavenly Hundred and all the Heroes of Ukraine was unveiled near Chicago, the United States.
KYIV, September 22 /Ukrinform/. The monument to the Heavenly Hundred and all the Heroes who gave their lives for Ukraine was solemnly unveiled near Chicago in the United States.
This is reported by the Vidia Ukrainian diaspora media portal.
The monument was installed next to the St. Andrew Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Bloomingdale near Chicago.
Finance Minister of Ukraine Natalie Jaresko, Consul General of Ukraine in Chicago Larysa Herasko, Governor of Illinois Bruce Rauner, and U.S. Congressman Peter Roskam attended the ceremony of unveiling. The greetings from Senator John McCain, who had supported the construction of the monument, were read out.
The Ukrainian community in the United States raised the funds to erect the monument.
- 30.09 18:44
- Chernihiv region patient diagnosed with relapse of tropical malaria
- 25.09 17:28
- International students to face new requirements for college admission
- 23.09 16:44
- European Parliament urges to help Ukrainian refugee children
- 23.09 13:50
- Sanofi-Pasteur provides recommendations on polio vaccine to health ministry
- 22.09 15:33
- Ukrainians provide army with medicines worth UAH 182 mln
- 22.09 13:30
- Likarchuk steps down
- 21.09 12:19
- Ukrainian radio launches broadcasting in occupied Crimea
- 21.09 11:30
- Ukraine's 'Winter on Fire' wins Toronto Film Festival award
- 16.09 14:38
- Poroshenko commemorates fallen journalists
- 16.09 10:52
- Ukrainian startup bought for $150 mln
- 14.09 16:35
- Catholic monks and nuns of two denominations convene in Lviv for first time
- 14.09 10:37
- Welfare of people is top priority for state - Poroshenko
- 11.09 17:57
- Chairman of state employment agency held over graft
- 11.09 17:06
- State TV and radio committee seeks funding for National Radio Company
- 11.09 14:14
- Moskal: We never had polio outbreak in Zakarpattia
- 11.09 11:07
- U.S. Peace Corps returns to Ukraine
- 10.09 10:32
- Defense ministry reduces number of fall draftees in Sumy region
- 09.09 14:24
- Terra Bank chairman of Supervisory Board held over embezzlement charge
- 09.09 14:11
- Dnipropetrovsk region to receive $40 million from World Bank for healthcare development
- 09.09 11:29
- Center for autistic children opens in Dnipropetrovsk