International students to face new requirements for college admission
KYIV, September 25 / Ukrinform./ Foreign nationals, who are planning to enroll into Ukrainian universities, will have to pass some tests.
Minister of education and sciences Serhii Kvit told reporters at a press conference, Ukrinform reports.
"In recent years there has been a tendency that we anyone can become a student at our colleges. These conditions facilitate a significant amount of random persons to get enrolled into universities," said Kvit.
According to him, international students often choose majors in natural sciences, engineering and technical professions, medical fields thus tests can be administered on their professional and language proficiency.
"The primary requirements are essential to be tested because we care about the reputation of our education," he said.
The minister noted tests are being developed on criteria for selecting international students.
- 30.09 18:44
- Chernihiv region patient diagnosed with relapse of tropical malaria
- 23.09 16:44
- European Parliament urges to help Ukrainian refugee children
- 23.09 13:50
- Sanofi-Pasteur provides recommendations on polio vaccine to health ministry
- 22.09 15:33
- Ukrainians provide army with medicines worth UAH 182 mln
- 22.09 13:30
- Likarchuk steps down
- 22.09 12:34
- Monument to heroes of Maidan unveiled in US
- 21.09 12:19
- Ukrainian radio launches broadcasting in occupied Crimea
- 21.09 11:30
- Ukraine's 'Winter on Fire' wins Toronto Film Festival award
- 16.09 14:38
- Poroshenko commemorates fallen journalists
- 16.09 10:52
- Ukrainian startup bought for $150 mln
- 14.09 16:35
- Catholic monks and nuns of two denominations convene in Lviv for first time
- 14.09 10:37
- Welfare of people is top priority for state - Poroshenko
- 11.09 17:57
- Chairman of state employment agency held over graft
- 11.09 17:06
- State TV and radio committee seeks funding for National Radio Company
- 11.09 14:14
- Moskal: We never had polio outbreak in Zakarpattia
- 11.09 11:07
- U.S. Peace Corps returns to Ukraine
- 10.09 10:32
- Defense ministry reduces number of fall draftees in Sumy region
- 09.09 14:24
- Terra Bank chairman of Supervisory Board held over embezzlement charge
- 09.09 14:11
- Dnipropetrovsk region to receive $40 million from World Bank for healthcare development
- 09.09 11:29
- Center for autistic children opens in Dnipropetrovsk